I’m like ‘the Tea Party is racist’ and my friend is like ‘Kamau, you can’t call the Tea Party racist. They’re not all racist.’ And I was like, you know what, I don’t need the Tea Party to be 100% racist for me to feel perfectly fine calling them racist. I don’t need 100% racism in the group. It could be way less than 100%. 10% is plenty for me. If the Tea Party is 10% racist I feel comfortable labeling the whole group racist.
Let me explain how that works. If I offer you a shake, a milkshake. I say ‘would you like a milkshake?’ You go “yeah, sure I’d like a milkshake.” I go, ‘okay, here you go, but just so you know it’s 10% shit.’
Oh, now you suddenly you understand how it works. 10% is kinda a lot ain’t it. You go ‘uh oh, that’s too much shit in my shake.
1. Become awesome at Excel. (x)
5. Start reading faster. (x)
6. Learn a language! (x)
7. Pickle your own vegetables. (x)
8. Improve your public speaking skills. (x)
9. Get a basic handle of statistics. (x)
10. Understand basic psychology. (x)
12. Learn to negotiate. (x)
13. Stop hating math. (x)
14. Start drawing! (x)
15. Make your own animated GIF. (x)
16. Appreciate jazz. (x)
18. Get better at using photoshop. (x)
20. Learn to knit. (x)
24. Tie your shoelaces more efficiently. (x)
African-American children with autism are being diagnosed almost two years later than children of any other ethnic group [in the United States], holding up their treatment, and in turn, their quality of life, according to research.
When white children were misdiagnosed with autism they were usually told they had ADHD, but Mandell discovered that Black autistic children were told they had things like psychoses, mental retardation or selective mutism. This, along with the fear that Black parents have of reporting their child’s behavioral issues due to the fact that their children are removed from the home as a result more often, makes it hard for Black children with autism to get the treatment that they need.
my first diagnosis was a psychotic disorder btw
But lets keep pretending doctors know everything and never fuck up or hold prejudices that make the diagnoses they give wrong.
This happened to my brother and noooow I know why. Nobody even tried until he was twelve and then they kept trying to diagnose him as pre-psychotic and my mom was like “no” and then they just put him in special needs for a year because THAT’S PROBABLY WHAT HE NEEDS even though he’d already been diagnosed with Asperger’s.
Lemme take another moment to reiterate that racism =/= hurt feelings.
i really love hearing about ghost stories, folklore and the like, and im sure there people out there who can relate, so i decided to throw together a masterpost. this collection is the result of a half hours’ worth of googling around. i apologize if there are any broken links - if you catch one, please fix it. additionally, if you know any good links that arent listed here, feel free to add them!
browse carefully - some of these are pretty creepy. lots of violence and swearing scattered around, etc.
- List of ghosts
- List of common misconceptions
- List of backmasked messages
- Category:Folklore by region
- Category:Folklore by nationality
- Category:Fairy tales by country
- Category:Urban Legends
- Category:Reportedly haunted locations
- Category:Films based on urban legends
Snopes: (warning: some popups! snopes is sometimes an unreliable source, so i suggest taking its articles with a grain of salt, but theyre still a pretty good read.)
- 136 creepy wikipedia articles (not all urban legends, but still a really excellent masterpost!)
- American Folklore (havent delved too deep into this website but it has a lot of content - check the links across the top in the red bar)
- Creepypasta Index - Highest Rated (again, havent read all of these but theres some classics on here i recognize)
- All-Lies (has some irritating ads, but theres a lot of stuff on here. take note of the sweet ’90s flames on the bottom of the page)
- DisneyLies - (sister site to the previous link. im not sure why there are so many creepy myths surrounding disney, but these are pretty good. also has some pretty rad flames)